-->

SHRIMP ETOUFFEE #EASYRECIPES #SHRIMP

I am so amped up for the present formula. The last couple of summers I went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana for foodie occasions and I began to look all starry eyed at Southern sustenances. I have never tasted sustenance with such flavor and energy. I surmise that is on the grounds that hot sauce begun in Louisiana? A spot apparently seeking to win over my affections, I figure I may have a little Southern young lady in me? This previous end of the week it was cool and blustery out and I was needing some great old southern solace sustenance, so I figured I would take a stab at making Shrimp Etouffee, articulated ay/as well/fay. Goodness my gosh, stunning! This is my preferred southern formula I have made up until now, beside my Southern Biscuits.

This shrimp dish is thick, healthy, somewhat fiery and kinds of onions, garlic, tomatoes and Cajun flavoring. It is a great New Orleans dish. For the formula I utilized my natively constructed Cajun Seasonings and to include a bit of warmth I included a couple of dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce. This dish takes about an hour to make, yet it's exceptionally straightforward.

I served the formula with dark colored rice that I cooked in chicken juices. The rice truly grabs every one of the juices in the formula and I profoundly prescribe rice or even quinoa. To make the rice like in the photo's, I simply stuffed it into a 1/2 cup estimating cup and after that took a margarine blade around the edges. It popped directly into my dish. I believe it's entirely cool looking. That was the first occasion when I have ever done that.
Ingredients:

  • ¼ cup butter
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • ½ cup sliced celery
  • ½ cup chopped green peppers
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
  • 2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
  • 1 ( 14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
  • 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
  • 2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tsp. hot sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • ¼ cup chopped scallions (green onions)
  • 2 tbsp. fresh parsley

Rice:

  • 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
  • 2½ cups brown rice (I used instant)

Instructions:

  1. Season shrimp with about a tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
  2. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, cook until melted; add the flour, whisking constantly until dark brown (color of peanut butter), about 10 minutes.
  3. Add the onion, celery and peppers to the roux and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  4. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a minute.
  5. Whisk in the broth, add the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
  6. Add the shrimp and cook until cooked, about 5 minutes.
  7. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Mix in the butter, lemon juice, green onion and parsley.
  9. To make rice:
  10. Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil. Stir in rice, bring to a bowl, lower heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. (I started the rice when the Shrimp Etouffee was simmering for 20 minutes)
  11. Evenly divide rice and Shrimp Etouffee between 6 bowls.

Notes:

  1. You can serve with quinoa instead of rice if desired.

For more detail :http://bit.ly/2Ykq0bC

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel